AROUND THE WASHINGTON NATIONAL CATHEDRAL
One Journey Festival isn’t your average festival – we’re expecting 3,000+ attendees throughout the day. We will have a main stage where talks and performances will take place. Tents and other festival activities will take place around the Lawn. Check out our Festival map to learn more!
From downtown Washington
- Take Massachusetts Avenue north to Wisconsin Avenue. Turn right onto Wisconsin Avenue. The Cathedral is on your immediate right.
From Maryland and the north
- Take I-95 to I-495 west, the Capital Beltway. Exit south on Wisconsin Avenue. The Cathedral is approximately 6 1/2 miles on your left.
From Virginia and the south
- Take I-495 over the American Legion Bridge into Maryland and take the Wisconsin Avenue/Bethesda exit. The Cathedral is approximately 6 1/2 miles on your left.
From Virginia and the south (alternative)
Take the Memorial Bridge to the Lincoln Memorial, bearing right onto Rock Creek Parkway. (Note: Rock Creek Parkway is one way south bound during morning rush hour; buses cannot exit on Massachusetts Avenue.) Follow Rock Creek Parkway to Massachusetts Avenue, turning left onto Massachusetts Avenue. Then follow directions “From downtown” as above.
- Take the Metro Red Line to the Tenleytown/AU station. Exit on the west side of Wisconsin Avenue. Take any 30 series bus (30N, 30S, 31, or 33) going south on Wisconsin Avenue. Ride approximately 1 1/2 miles until you reach Woodley Road; the Cathedral is on your left. (This is a downhill walk, if you prefer to walk.)
From Dupont Circle
- Take the N2, N3, N4, or N6 bus until you reach the corner of Massachusetts and Wisconsin Avenues. Walk north on Wisconsin 1/2 block to the Cathedral.
From Woodley Park
- Take a 96 or X3 bus toward Tenleytown. Get off the bus at the corner of Woodley Road and Wisconsin Avenue. The Cathedral is on the east side of Wisconsin Avenue.
- For more information on Metro, visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority website at www.wmata.com.
We recommend parking in the Cathedral’s underground parking garage. There is very limited parking on the Cathedral grounds and in the surrounding neighborhood.
Underground Parking Garage
- Entrance: Enter via Wisconsin Avenue, at the traffic signal just south of Woodley Road.
- Garage Hours: 6 am to 11 pm.
- Maximum height: 7’ 6” including rooftop accessories. No trailers or RVs are permitted in the garage or on the grounds.
- Handicap parking spaces: located on each level of the garage near the elevators.
- Security office: located on level B1 of the garage next to the Wisconsin Avenue entrance.
- Pay station machines: located by the elevator lobbies on the B1 and B2 levels and also at the Wisconsin Avenue exit. Pay machines accept cash or credit cards. Credit cards or small denomination bills preferred. Change is issued in coins.
Parking Garage Rates
During selected Cathedral events, special rates may apply.
Saturday: 6 am – 11 pm $9 flat rate